Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Baja 2015 - Part I

Link to slide show of Part I
http://youtu.be/UnXEJnPnkJA


March 12th - March 19th.

I did it - there and back again, without my dogs! Missed them dearly. Thanks Nancy for taking great care of them.

It was a wonderful trip full of celebrations, birds, whales, rock crabs, seagulls, pelicans, great meals, beautiful sunsets, sunrises, thunderstorms in the mountains at night followed by rainbows, swimming in the pacific, walks on the beach, trips to Todos Santos, and fabulous company.

The desert is a mystifying place, dry and prickly, yet full of life and ancient history. I was captivated by the cardonal (cardone cactus field). They get SO big, and look like hands reaching up out of the earth.

OH - Saw a road runner - not bright red and blue like in bugs bunny cartoons - but tan and speckled.  Also, saw one rabbit,  and very fast blue-tailed lizard. Little lizards were everywhere (even under my outhouse seat cover)

I particularly enjoyed watching, and listening to, Ma and Mary K reconnect.  What a treat to have Mary K there.













No comments:

Post a Comment