Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Cider

A year ago Pancake, who belongs to my brother and his family, went home to England.  Pancake lived with us for a year, but it felt much longer.  She fit right in, and was the best guest! An avid mouser. She always came to greet people when they entered her room.  Pancake was not fan of canine's, so she live in what is now called "Pancake's Suite".  By the end of her stay she was coming around, going out onto the porch, and she even came into see pearl's new born puppies.  The dog's became less of an issue.  Needless to say pancake left a yearning for an orange, female, tiger kitty.

Pancake checking out the puppies


I looked for a while, but let it go, because of the dogs, puppies, birds, and many other reasons.  I figured when the right kitty came along I would be ready.  Well, the right kitty did come along, still I was not ready.   Cider is her name.She was exactly what I was looking for - an orange female tiger with a cute name, and she is only a year old.  I called my friend, who recently lost her kitty to cancer. I figured between the two of Cider would get a home, and either way she would still be a part of my life.  SO - Cider was rescued from the humane society.


Cider - Our first meeting




At home wanting attention




Willow Sunshine and Pearl, "she's equipped with weapons! Is she staying long?"




She is the most remarkable kitty.  Not only does she adjust to new surroundings quickly, and with ease, she travels pretty well for a cat. Her hunting skills are magnificent, she loves to snuggle, comes when she is called, and suckles your armpit (leaving your shirt wet). She will ask to drink from the faucet, and comes running when its canine feeding time.  She can handle herself well around the dogs.    I am so happy she has such an excellent home with my friend.


Sometimes the timing isn't right, but that 's just the time to make it so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment